Crisis Communications and Management
In crisis management, the threat is the potential damage a crisis can inflict on an organization, its reputation, its stakeholders, and an industry.
Any crisis, whether offline or an online “Social Media Crisis” needs to be dealt with in a swift but strategic manner to mitigate the crisis and to minimize the damage.
Our advice is to be situation-ready at all times. Hence we follow these curated rules to avoid confusion during trying times.
- Have a Crisis Communications plan in place
- Prepare a holding statement and inform all stakeholders involved about the same
- Address public/people safety immediately
- Channel the communication through the spokesperson
- Monitor all channels (offline and online) constantly for all kinds of mentions
- Respond as quickly as possible and notify all parties involved consistently of all changes, feedback that takes place
Having handled crisis situations and training for several years, we are adept at handling and managing a crisis. Our core expertise lies in effective crisis management and dealing with its threats sequentially. Our philosophy is to safeguard the client’s interests with reactive, transparent and proactive communication.
Matrix Public Relations is the exclusive Middle East representatives of Maritime Technical International (MTI). This a crisis communications network dedicated to serving the shipping, energy, offshore and transportation industries.
With over 2 decades of experience in handling crisis for various sectors and industries such as banking, shipping, maritime, retail and so on, we offer reliable, transparent solutions to clients. We are on-call 24/7 during a crisis.
Moreover, as the business environment continues to evolve, we, as an agency together with our partners continue to constantly review and improve our crisis communication and management procedures in accordance with the changing dynamics.
Using an Issue Management Process, we can identify and resolve issues in a project or organization quickly, before they have an undesirable impact. Therefore, whether it’s a setback, obscurity or other issues, this process will guide you through the steps towards a speedy resolution.
The component parts of issue management are:
- To identify, analyze and prioritize actual, emerging and potential issues
- To mobilize and coordinate the resources to deal with the issue
- To actively and strategically influence the outcome
Here are some links to additional information on Crisis Communications:
- Important Steps For Successful Crisis Communications
- 5 Common Crisis Communication Mistakes
- 10 Ugly Truths about Crisis Communication
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid in a PR Crisis