Digital Marketing is really a catch-all phrase that refers to the use of digital technologies and digital mediums to market products and services. This includes email, the internet, mobile phones, mobile apps, etc. Digital Marketing extends to the promotion of brands and companies by means of electronic media and continues to evolve as new technologies become available.
From a Public Relations perspective, Digital Marketing is about building and managing customer relations across the various digital channels and platforms.
Public Relations, as we know it, is constantly evolving. This is primarily being driven by the amount of time consumers spend on the web researching, reviewing and making purchases online.
With mobile penetration at an all-time high, online brand visibility is a must. Social media has now become the new convergence point for nearly all brands and businesses as the race to reach and lock in as many fans and followers intensify.
We are conscious of the fact that digital is now central, and not secondary, in as far as Public Relations is concerned. As more and more businesses and brands shift their consumer outreach strategies by aligning their marketing efforts with the new trends, Matrix Public Relations has been instrumental is developing strategies for a wide range of clients, which in turn help them cultivate a digital edge in the online space.
Our custom-made strategies are guided by the fact that the digital revolution is changing the way business decisions are made and how commerce is transacted.
Have a look at some of the ways we use Digital Marketing on a daily basis:
With the speed at which the digital space is evolving, our enthusiastic team is always seeking to discover new trends that can be adapted and exploited by our clients. We are always interacting with other digital specialists around the world through webinars, studying unique case studies and learning new digital marketing methods.
Intel gathering is also a big part of our process through which we keep track on what customers are asking for, where they are seeking this information from and how much time the consumer is spending on various platforms.
Digital Marketing Tips
Did you know that over 80 percent of consumers today use online search to do research before making a purchase decisions?
For those of you who are relatively new to digital marketing, we have a few handy tips to help you get started.
- When was the last time you updated your website? If you haven’t done it recently, do it now
- Your website needs to be mobile-friendly
- Add a business blog to your website. This will boost your search engine optimization and position you as an expert in your industry
- Regularly generate original content and share it via your social media platforms.
- Sharable content ranks higher in search results
- Always include target keywords in your headlines and copy in order to boost the chances of appearing in search results
- Monitor your social media sites and respond to comments and questions as soon as possible