How to build your brand online via blogging
A couple of weeks ago I was in the market for buying a new bicycle. I had searched online for consumer reports and reviews about which bikes were the best to buy. While out and about one day I decided to pop into a bike shop and have a look at some bicycles in person. Of course, the first thing I did was to open up my mobile phone and asked Siri where the closest bike shops were. It did not take long to locate the stores on Google maps and a few minutes later I was pulling up at the store.
I am sure mine is not an isolated case. People everywhere are relying on the internet to find both information and businesses who can serve their needs. Not surprisingly, most companies have now realized the importance of having an online presence for their brand. In fact, being found online is essential for many businesses.
Some companies, however, are still struggling with how to build their brand online. In a previous article, we highlighted some online tools for building a brand online via social media. These tools, if used cleverly, will set you on a path for building a successful brand online.
One way of boosting this process is by connecting all or some of these tools through links. Content posted on one platform can be linked and shared with the rest of the platforms for maximum impact.
Another effective way of consolidating your online brand building process is through blogging. Companies with an active blog report 97% more leads.
Here’s how to get started:
- Create a blog on your company’s website. Make sure you have identified areas of interest to your audience and ones you can expertly articulate.
- Ensure that you post all your blogs on LinkedIn in order to reach other experts in the industry, who can in turn comment or share your content with their network.
- Make sure you link to other sites and other pages within your site in all your posts. This gives your blog credibility and improves your Google rankings as well as boosts your search engine optimization.
- Blogging can be challenging and one way to overcome this is by writing about things you’re passionate about. Remember to make it relevant to your brand by finding ways to link your brand to the content.
- Content with visuals attracts 94% more views. So, it’s important that you include images, infographics, photos and charts as much as possible.
- Putting together the content for a blog is hard but one of the easiest ways to create content for your blog and on social media platforms is to see what type of posts your competition has been successful with, then create better versions of your own.
- Share your content via all your social channels.
Also, to familiarize yourself with topics that are gaining traction and are performing well in your industry, you can use tools such as BuzzSumo and see which topics related to your business are raving.