Ways to accelerate your Twitter engagement in 2018
Twitter plays an important role in the social media strategy of many organizations today mainly because of the ease and convenience it offers.
It can be used to communicate, listen and learn. It is the ideal place to stay informed about what people are talking about as well as learn a thing or two about what is being said.
Not surprisingly, many businesses and brands have successfully used Twitter to effectively communicate and interact with their customers.
Twitter lets you explore the world while giving you the opportunity to let the universe know what is going on with you. Hence, with active engagement, Twitter can deliver the desired results by turning followers into paying customers – something we all want, right?
Here are some statistics showing how effective Twitter has been over the years:
Additionally, 54 percent reported having taken action after seeing brand mentions in tweets. Certainly, these statistics proved that Twitter has a great influence on consumers.
There are numerous ways to engage effectively and increase those ‘Likes’ and ‘Retweets’ which ultimately accelerate engagement. Here are a few tips that we have put together to help you maximize your Twitter account.
How to Accelerate you Twitter Engagement?
- Twitter users love to watch and engage with visuals. So, pictures and videos are highly recommended – include them in your content strategy.
- Twitter giveaways. Twitter users love freebies. Give them free coupons and discounts.
- Ask questions. Engage your followers with relevant as well as interesting questions especially in the areas of their interest so they will feel motivated to respond.
- Use humor such as funny memes and jokes more often to connect with your followers and to keep them engaged.
- Participate in popular hashtags – #ThrowbackThursday #WorldCup #SuperBowl #HappyNewYear
- Use custom hashtags that are unique to your brand as this makes it easier for people to find you.
- Quotes do extremely well. You can probably use tools such as Recite to spice them up and share.
- Share behind-the-scenes photos of your events but do not forget to include the custom hashtag. Let the world know what you are doing.
- Always respond to your followers’ comments by liking, retweeting, and commenting.
- Link your posts to relevant trending topics. This increases your chance to get more followers.
- Follow and interact with influencers in your industry or region by retweeting or liking their posts.
- Be social. Tweet about other things besides your brand such as movies, celebrities, quizzes etc.
- Share valuable insights with your audience so as to add weight to your credibility.
- Go live to connect with your followers as well as other users from all over the world.
- Use Twitter Analytics to track and measure your overall engagement rate.
- Run polls to get your followers and other users to engage and share their opinions.
- Post user-generated content. This builds relationships and awareness.
- Post Infographics - Twitter users love visually presented information.
Do you have other useful tips you’ve tried that you’d like to add? Please share them with us.